Novelo Logo

Ideas

7Replies
179Views
Created
Last Reply
Replied
# 1

Hi all, just throwing an idea out there, how about doing a writing contest that everyone could take part in.

Short story competition where the winner gets their main story featured on the home page or something.

What do you think?

Replied
# 2

JakeDC86

posted

Hi all, just throwing an idea out there, how about doing a writing contest that everyone could take part in.

Short story competition where the winner gets their main story featured on the home page or something.

What do you think?

Hi Jake,

Thank you for the suggestion. Yep, this is certainly in the pipeline of features. We are currently busy with smaller quality of life improvements to Novelo but this is one of the first big features we will try to bring out this year.

Replied
# 3

davidkcyip

posted

Hi Jake,

Thank you for the suggestion. Yep, this is certainly in the pipeline of features. We are currently busy with smaller quality of life improvements to Novelo but this is one of the first big features we will try to bring out this year.

I'd be interested, too, if I don't have exams at that time! Also, I know a historical writing group that has its own journal and publishes stories its members submit! They usually seem to do this at Christmas, Easter and other seasons so the stories have those themes!

Replied
Edited
# 4

JakeDC86

posted

What do you think?

Hi Jake,

We're in the process of planning this challenge/competition feature. Would like your thoughts on how it should work. Please post your ideas here: https://novelo.com/forums/writing-discussion/thread/60/

Replied
# 5

Elysha

posted

I'd be interested, too, if I don't have exams at that time! Also, I know a historical writing group that has its own journal and publishes stories its members submit! They usually seem to do this at Christmas, Easter and other seasons so the stories have those themes!

Hi Elizabeth,

We're in the process of planning this challenge/competition feature. Would like your thoughts on how it should work. Please post your ideas here: https://novelo.com/forums/writing-discussion/thread/60/

Replied
# 6

A minor thought struck me: is there any requirement / point / interest in converting our stories into podcasts? A couple of years ago I looked at Anchor, which has become "Spotify for Podcasters" and although I have very few skills to make something of it, I was quite intrigued, especially with its ability to generate a verbal result ready for publication from the written word that is loaded.

Peter in Manchester, England

--

eBay - Mr Squimps Shop or just squimps

Fine Art America as peter-brighouse.pixels.com

Instagram as brighousepeter

Facebook as Louisa's Ginger Nuts Cat Books

Novelo as counttigger for latest short cat stories

Replied
# 7

Counttigger

posted

A minor thought struck me: is there any requirement / point / interest in converting our stories into podcasts? A couple of years ago I looked at Anchor, which has become "Spotify for Podcasters" and although I have very few skills to make something of it, I was quite intrigued, especially with its ability to generate a verbal result ready for publication from the written word that is loaded.

Peter in Manchester, England

--

eBay - Mr Squimps Shop or just squimps

Fine Art America as peter-brighouse.pixels.com

Instagram as brighousepeter

Facebook as Louisa's Ginger Nuts Cat Books

Novelo as counttigger for latest short cat stories

Novelo is for fiction stories so wouldn't that be Audible? We have no plans to introduce audio versions of stories as audio is very expensive to host. However, our next planned feature are world-building tools.

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 results