Novelo Logo

Hi!

1Replies
54Views
Created
Last Reply
Replied
# 1

Writing about fictional people is much easier than writing an introduction, but here it goes anyway. I’ve been writing and telling myself stories sporadically since I was a kid, even when unable to do much else because of chronic illness. (It was mostly pointless and unproductive but might be helpful somehow.) Now that I can focus and exert myself a more, I decided to try writing full-time, including learning to write. Just writing, editing, and finishing compositions consistently and reading carefully helps; I have trouble maintaining an even learning schedule, but inconsistently is better than nothing. Writing unexplainably suits my problems better than other things I’ve tried, and, luckily, I have a supportive family.

Since last October, I’ve been easing into the work, mainly writing speculative fiction to post online, with at least one post per month. Also, I squeeze in longer in-progress projects. The speculative fiction stories were supposed to be short, but tend to grow unexpectedly. Often, they and new stories are folklore, fantasy, and science fiction, or at least have some of those elements. Violent stories and horror stories hopefully aren’t too gruesome, and I try to make the incidents matter to the plot and characters. (This is counter-productive in a horror story, but my parents read them, and I will figure out the right amount eventually.) The premises tend to be unusual ideas, which seemed writeable at the time. Currently, I especially like writing folkloric beings, creatures, science-fiction-ish lifeforms, and so on. So far, they have been found, have disappeared, or there is little available, believable evidence they existed, but I intend to write ones in various situations, and stories that do not involve them.

Novela looked like a similar site to the one I began with, so I decided to sign up. It's always nice to meet other authors and read their stories!

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 results