Challenges/Competitions

4Replies
328Views
Created
Last Reply
Replied
# 1

Hello all,

We're currently planning a challenges/competitions feature and would like to crowdsource ideas on how this should work, since this is a community feature.

Please reply here on ideas for this feature, such as:

• How challenges/competitions should be marked and by whom
  • Whether or not anyone should be able to start a challenge/competition
  • If challenges/competitions can be started by anyone, how should rewards be handled?
  • Whether or not optional restrictions like chapter/word count would be something that's wanted
Replied
# 2

davidkcyip

posted

Hello all,

We're currently planning a challenges/competitions feature and would like to crowdsource ideas on how this should work, since this is a community feature.

• If challenges/competitions can be started by anyone, how should rewards be handled?
  • Whether or not optional restrictions like chapter/word count would be something that's wanted

Fine Art America support a thriving set of contests and competitions and occasionally create challenges too. I think it is quite onerous for their staff to oversee correct usage though!

Replied
Edited
# 3

davidkcyip

posted

Hello all,

Hi, I like this idea. Yes, maximum word count might be a good idea. I've not yet participated in a challenge but I've checked out a few that have been advertised. I suppose they could be participated in by anyone in the group? Should we have a small board of experienced, published writers from among the group to decide on awards? I prefer to write historicals and historical mysteries, but we have diverse genres in here so maybe it should have topics that are pretty inclusive of everyone? BTW I'm an experienced editor and ghost writer and I've published nonfiction but so far just one fictional story although I'm writing four novels concurrently, all historical.

Replied
# 4

davidkcyip

posted

Hello all,

I personally enjoy the contests feature, but I think we can possibly refine it to allow contests of varying levels of writer, this way there are some novices getting exposure along with the intermediate and advanced writers. Just a thought.

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 results