Novelo Logo

Hello, New member here!

2Replies
94Views
Created
Last Reply
Replied
# 1

Hello, and thank you for allowing me to join.

I'm PJ Serrano, a new author passionate about Norse mythology and a lover of romance books and dark urban fantasy. My writing journey is fueled by an imagination without bounds, weaving together epic tales that blend love, power, and mythical adventures.

When I'm not crafting stories, you can find me in my workshop, indulging in my love for woodworking. I'm also a devoted husband and the proud father of two amazing autistic children who inspire me every day with their unique perspectives and boundless creativity.

Please feel free to check out my short story I posted for the May Fantasy Challenge. https://novelo.com/story/543/

I am currently working on my first novel titled: Requiem of Lost Love. It is more than twenty years in the making. Considering last year while cleaning out my garage, I found an old hard drive that contained a whole bunch of unfinished manuscripts I started back in the early 2000's. Now at age 52, I'm throwing caution to the wind as my love for writing has been reignited. I hope to meet some fellow authors and possibly network together through social media and promote each others work.

This short story is a side story of the parents of a character in my current WIP. A different take on Norse Mythology that I hope some of you take a chance to read.

Thank you all!

Replied
# 2

Good day. I am new to the site and wanted to introduce myself. My name is J. Scott Lewis. I trained as a writer, but took a 20 year detour to study and teach sociology. Now, as I look forward to retirement, I have rekindled by love for fiction and poetry. Although I am currently working on a novel, I write primarily short stories. I love to write across genres and I enjoy writing stories that bend reality or that have a twist. Most of my stories explore the philosophical themes of Friedrich Nietzsche. I am interested in the human condition, specifically authenticity, emotional awareness, and freedom.

My literary influences are many, but some of the most prominent being Shirley Jackson, John Irving, Raymond Carver, and Kurt Vonnegut. I look forwarfd to reading the authors on this site and to connecting with some authors.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 results